I worked as the lead cameraman and colorist for Custom Film Effects founded by Mark Dornfeld. Mark and the artists at his company turned out excellent work for a large number of high profile feature films.
A cute stop motion spot directed by Lisha Tan. I was the cinematographer and VFX supervisor.
I was the on set VFX supervisor for this charming spot directed by Lawrence Guterman and starring Sean Hayes. Larry also thought I looked the part and cast me as "God". I had great fun.
Here is a proof of concept of the techniques outlined in our new book. Read it, if you dare.
Here is a proof of concept video demonstrating how to do remote virtual interviews during the Pandemic in complete isolation.
To get your own “Dancing Sawicki” go to the Google App Store and find TestFlight
The app works on my phone which is a motog7 model XT1952DL
For iOS users:
1. Download the Test Flight application available in the App store.
2. Install the Test Flight app on your device.
3. Once Test Flight is installed, click on the following link to install the My Holograms app: My Holograms
4. Open up My Holograms, and test it out by placing and watching Hannah (the woman in the yellow jacket) within your room. Try switching from AR to VR mode by touching the letters “AR” in the upper right corner of your screen. Touch “VR” to switch back.
5. Touch the gear icon at the top left of the app to review the instructions, manage any downloaded holograms, and review information about the application version.
For Android users:
1. Download the application for Android.
2. You will be prompted to download the file and asked to confirm installation to your device.
3. If the install was rejected, you may need to enable ‘Allow installing from untrusted source’ in your Android device settings.
a. Navigate to Setting > Security
b. Check the option “Unknown Sources”
c. Tap “OK” on the prompt message.
d. Select “Trust”.
e. Go back and install the .apk file that was previously downloaded.
4. Once the application is installed to your device, open up My Holograms, and test it out by placing and watching Hannah (the woman in the yellow jacket) within your room. Try switching from AR to VR mode by touching the letters “AR” in the upper right corner of your screen. Touch “VR” to switch back.
5. We recommend that users revert their security setting after successfully installing the application.
If you want to get the Mark Sawicki Dancing hologram contact https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mixed-reality/capture-studios
Mark Sawicki entered the visual effects field as an effects cameraman, animator and compositor in the late 70s. As a co supervisor for Area 51 on Tom Hanks special From the Earth to the Moon Sawicki was part of the combined use of models, motion control and CGI as a pivotal transition point between the traditional and digital eras. Mark went on to become visual effects supervisor and lead cameraman for Custom Film effects working on such films as Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Returns. At the start of the 21st century Mark took a hiatus from VFX production to write books, create video programs for the Stan Winston School of Character Arts, Act and teach at a variety of film schools. He has now re-entered the field as a consultant and corporate trainer.
Click the head shot on the right for actor reel.